|HR Administrator - Research and Faculty Office|
|Salary:||£11.96 per hour plus holiday pay|
|Date Posted:||10 August 2017|
We are currently recruiting for an HR Administrator role to work within one of our prestigious institutes based near Regents Park. The role will be working within the Research and Faculty Office. This is a temporary position.
As a member of the Faculty Support team, the HR Administrator will work with the Faculty Support Manager and other members of the team to provide a pro-active HR service to faculty.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
• Provision of administrative support in the preparation and despatch of committee agenda, papers and minutes for Appointments Committee and Sub Committee of Appointments Committee.
• Undertaking associated follow-up from Appointments Committee and Sub Committee of Appointments Committee including the preparation of offer letters and contracts and dealing with other general enquiries from new hires.
• Provision of administrative support for the annual, performance and salary review processes for faculty.
• Instruct accounts of any monthly staff movements/formal and informal payroll amendments for faculty and guest lecturers and undertake sanctions search
• Arranging payment of non-core faculty through the SUN procurement system.
• Work closely with the Faculty Support Manager to provide a service to faculty on all relevant immigration issues, including certificate of sponsorship applications and leave to remain requests.
Work closely with the Faculty Support Manager (T) to develop an understanding of the teaching point system and ability to deal with ad hoc queries on teaching when required
• Arrange childcare vouchers for faculty.
• Other duties as required.
Cover for and assist the PA/Administrator position at busy times or in times of absence, for example to assist with the preparation of the faculty profiles publications
Work closely with the PA/Administrator and PhD Administrator to ensure there is continuity of service within the general office during normal office hours
As a member of the HR team, Assist on occasional ad-hoc projects as and when required
Maintenance of the faculty files and the faculty database, and the preparation of a variety of reports from the database, including the faculty list and the annual HESA return.
Work with the rest of the Faculty Support team to pilot the new performance management system and to work towards a new on-line employee administration system in line with best practice at other leading business schools
As required to engage in updating and enhancing of the HR systems.
• Previous experience in a similar administrative role
• A degree or equivalent experience
• Ideally relevant experience in HR environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, professional and discreet
• Excellent IT skills, especially in the use of Word and Excel spreadsheets
• Demonstrable experience with databases
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• Good team player, willing to help out as needed
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to cope efficiently and effectively with a high level of activity and changing priorities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience of working in a busy environment
• Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
• Must have absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
Start date is ASAP
Rate of pay is £11.96 per hour plus holiday pay with a one hour unpaid lunch break
Working Monday to Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|