|Part-time Community Based Medical Education Administrator|
|Salary:||£14.64 per hour plus holidsy pay|
|Date Posted:||12 October 2017|
We are currently recruiting for a Part-time Community Based Medical Education Administrator to work within one of our prestigious institutes, based near Mile End campus. This is a temporary part-time position, starting ASAP for approximately 8 weeks.
The Institute for Health Sciences Education (IHSE) is one of six Institutes which form the Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, part of Queen Mary University of London. Barts and The London are a leading medical and dental school that offers international levels of excellence in research and teaching in an area of unrivalled ethnic diversity. Staff within the Institute focus primarily on Medical Education in the delivery of the undergraduate Medical Degree programme (MBBS) and are leaders in curriculum design, delivery and assessment. This includes designing and delivering a community-based programme of undergraduate education throughout the five years and accelerated graduate entry programme medical degrees. There is also a portfolio of Intercalated Degree programmes, postgraduate and CPD courses that continues to develop. The Institute is also responsible on behalf of the School, for the management of administration for all aspects of the MBBS programme from application to graduation.
The purpose of this role will play a key role in assisting the CBMEManager in recruiting GPs to teach students on the MSc in Physician Associate(PA) Programme. The post holder willprovide high quality administrative support of all the elements relating to thePA GP placements including placement allocations, assessment, attendancemonitoring, placement payments, training events and curriculum operations. The role may also occasionally manage thework of and act as Secretary to relevant committees.
The post holder will also be working closely with both the CBME QA Leadand CBME Manager in further developing the CBME QA processes such as; Practice Audits,GP Tutor Review, Practice visits, tutor training and our CBME website.
The post holder will be expected to support the broader work of the CBMEteam and work closely with their counterparts in other teams within the IHSE.
As a very studentfacing post, they will have significant reputational and operational impact. Itis expected that the work of the post holder will contribute to a directimprovement of the student experience and the School’s achievements in nationalleague tables and public audit reports.
Main duties and responsibilities
It is not necessary to list every task the jobholder will undertake. Job applicants will not read copious amounts of text. You should therefore focus on 12-15 of the primary duties and responsibilities of the jobholder. Duties should take the format: What is done, to what / to whom and with what outcome.
Physician Associate Programme
1. Support the CBME Manager in the recruitment of GP placements for the PA Programme.
2. Provide the main administrative point of contact for students and GP tutor/Practices teaching on the Physician Associate (PA) programme.
3. Co-ordinate student GP placements for the PA Programme including; allocating students, collating student grades, monitoring attendance.
4. Organise GP training events for the PA Programme.
5. Co-ordinate the development and production of course documentation relating to GP PA placements and consequent dissemination in liaison with senior academic staff. This will include both hard copy information and that hosted on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE – QM+).
6. Provide professional support to committees associated with the programme as required.
7. Work closely with the PA Administrator, Clinical Placements teams and QA team to ensure the PA Programme is fully integrated into the Curriculum Operations processes and procedures.
8. Administer financial processes as required in relation to activity where required, in compliance with College policy.
CBME QA Processes
1. Support the CBME QA Lead in Co-ordinating and collating the GP tutor review, analysing and producing reports from their returns.
2. Co-ordinate the CBME practice audit, recording and updating the CBME database accordingly.
3. Support the Deputy Manager in co-ordinating practice visits
4. Support the Deputy Manager in the delivery of all CBME Training events and the annual Business Meeting.
5. Assist the QA Lead & CBME Manager in developing and updating our CBME Website and producing new marketing material
Working hours: Monday to Wednesday for 8 weeks
Pay rate: £14.64 per hour plus holiday pay
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|