|Financial Services Supervisor|
|Salary:||£15.48 per hour plus holiday pay|
|Date Posted:||18 May 2017|
We are currently recruiting for a temporary Financial Services Supervisor to wok for one our clients based near Russell Square. This role will be until the end of September and requires an immediate start.
The Financial Services Supervisor provides innovative and efficient customer focused transactional processing service to the Property department of the University whilst maintaining a strong control
environment. The Property Financial Services team are responsible for transaction processing for all property areas including residential accommodation, conferencing and Student Central. The Financial
Services Supervisor (Property) will work closely with the Deputy Financial Controller to deliver the University’s and department Strategy around high performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead the yearly process of refunding students for their accommodation deposits.
- To lead the 2 Financial Services Officers within the student deposit team.
- To ensure the student deposit team shows a strong customer services focus and ensuring that the team provides an effective and efficient proactive transaction processing to external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that all transactions processed are in accordance with the established University Financial - - Regulations, Policies Controls and Procedures.
- To actively follow and promote the University of London policies, including the University's - Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote these wherever possible.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations
- Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of the post
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post holder by the reporting manager.
- Experience in a finance role with the personal qualities necessary to lead, coach and manage and motivate a high performing team of staff supporting complex, dynamic departments or activities.
- Have previous experience in a financial background either within a commercial, higher education or public finance sector.
- Well-organised with the ability to remain effective when working under pressure and achieve deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to continuous personal development
- Enquiring and analytical with the ability to absorb information quickly and accurately.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience of financial controls and reconciliations.
- Experience of VAT in a partially exempt environment.
- AAT qualification or equivalent or willingness and aptitude to complete ICAEW Certificate of Accounting or the ACCA Knowledge F3 Financial Accounting paper within first 18 months in post.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Working hours: Full time, Monday - Friday
Rate of pay: £15.48 per hour plus holiday pay
Interviews for this role will be held on Thursday 25th May, so please only apply if you can interview on this day and are immediately available.
If you are viewing this job on the UCL Careers website and you are not a UCL student or graduate, please follow this link to locate and apply for the position: https://recruit.thecareersgroup.co.uk/UOL/index.asp
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|