|Financial Services Officer|
|Salary:||£13.25 per hour + holiday pay|
|Date Posted:||18 May 2017|
We are currently recruiting for a temporary Financial Services Officer to work for one of our clients on a 6 week contract, based near Russell Square.
To support the Deputy Controller (Commercial & Central) and Financial Services Supervisor (Commercial & Central) in providing innovative and efficient customer focused transactional processing service to the Commercial & Central departments of the University whilst maintaining a strong control environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading by example, ensure that the University’s Financial Regulations are followed for each accounts receivable and payable transaction processed for the Commercial & Central department.
- To identify and promptly bring to the attention of either the Deputy Financial Controller (Commercial & Central) or the Financial Services Supervisor (Commercial & Central) any breach of the Financial Regulations.
- To provide a high standard of customer services to Commercial & Central department and their external stakeholders.
- To continuously look to improve the experience of interacting with the Commercial & Central Financial Services team and efficiency of processes.
- To pro-actively manage relationships with key external suppliers and the related internal stakeholders in Commercial & Central departments to reduce processing costs, increase opportunities for rebates through prompt payments, maintenance of goodwill and enhancing the reputation of the University with its key stakeholders.
- To pro-actively maintain their own continual professional development.
- Accounting and Compliance
- To ensure that each accounts payable and receivable transaction of the Commercial & Central areas is correctly recorded in a timely fashion,,, in accordance with the financial services department service levels and ensuring the with appropriate controls and reconciliations applied.
- To support the Financial Services Supervisor (Commercial & Central), to provide an effective credit control function for Commercial & Central department with an approach that adapts according to the sensitivities of the type of customer (student, federal college, commercial)
Support the Deputy Controller (Commercial & Central) and Financial Services Supervisor (Commercial & Central) to provide an effective co-ordinated month end and year end closing activities across financial services as and when requested, provide support to the Deputy Director of Finance (Financial Services), the Financial Controller and Financial Accountant to ensure an efficient year end audit is completed on time as and when requested
- Provide support to the Deputy Director of Finance (Financial Services) and Financial Accountant to ensure that all tax returns that the University and its subsidiaries are required to complete are submitted in a timely and efficient manner.
- To provide cover for the other team members within the Financial Services team including the other financial services officers and Supervisor.
- To actively follow and promote the University of London policies, including the University's Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote these wherever possible.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations
- Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of post
- Well-organised with the ability to remain effective when working under pressure and achieve deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to continuous personal development
- Enquiring and analytical with the ability to absorb information quickly and accurately.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience of financial accounting
- Previous experience of working within a team
-AAT qualification or equivalent or willingness and aptitude to complete ICAEW Certificate of Accounting or the ACCA Knowledge F3 Financial Accounting paper within first 18 months in post.
Working hours: Full time, Monday - Friday.
Rate of pay: £13.25 per hour plus holiday pay
This role requires an immediate star, so please ONLY apply if you can start immediately and can commit to the 6 weeks.
If you are viewing this job on the UCL Careers website and you are not a UCL student or graduate, please follow this link to locate and apply for the position: https://recruit.thecareersgroup.co.uk/UOL/index.asp
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|