|IHR Development Office – Temporary Administrative Assistant|
|Salary:||£13.25 per hour inlcuding holiday pay|
|Date Posted:||19 May 2017|
Job Summary: To provide support to the Development Office Administrator and Institute Manager, in particular undertaking financial and administrative tasks, and acting as a key point of contact for the office.
1. Undertaking administrative tasks to support the operations of the Development Office including acting as a first point of contact, filing and records-keeping, following School and University procedures and other general administration.
2. Processing income and expenditure, and managing the transfer of funds between the Institute, the IHR Trust and other accounts.
3. Acting as front-line contact for all Development Office stakeholders including IHR Trustees, Friends, donors and visitors.
4. Preparing and sending large fundraising mail appeals, including generating new mailing lists.
5. Supporting the organisation and minuting of Development Office and IHR Trust meetings.
6. Supporting in the organisation and management of special fundraising events.
7. Maintaining up-to-date information on the Raiser’s Edge database in line with the Data Protection Act and checking the accuracy of existing data. Using the database to run queries and create reports as required.
8. Under the supervision of the Development Office Administrator, ensuring that donors receive appropriate stewardship and that all gifts are promptly and appropriately acknowledge, including drafting and sending thank-you letters and appropriate supporting paper-work (i.e. Gift Aid form).
9. Help in administering the Institutes’ two Friends programmes, which includes managing correspondence and membership records as well as providing support for the management of their meetings.
10. Supporting in the research of potential sources of support in the UK and internationally, covering individuals, companies, trusts and foundations.
11. Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of the post, or required by the Institute Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / PERSON SPECIFICATION
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate confidently and maturely to a range of stakeholders.
Experience of a working in an administrative role with financial responsibilities.
Experience of using a fundraising database (preferably Raiser’s Edge).
Experience of managing and organizing events.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ APTITUDE
Microsoft Office packages including proficiency in Excel and Access.
Knowledge of budgeting and accounts.
Experience of Agresso finance systems.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
No specific educational qualifications are required, but the postholder must be numerate and literate to the standards required by the activities of the role.
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
Ability to deal with a significant number of mundane and repetitive tasks essential to the day-to-day operation of the office, meeting or exceeding deadlines, and without loss of speed, accuracy or patience.
A high degree of discretion is required.
REPORTING LINES Reports To (Job Title) Institute Manager
SPECIAL DEMANDS OF THE ROLE
This role may require after hours attendance at fundraising events. Wherever possible these will always be planned and known well in advance.
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|