|Executive Assistant (SBCS)|
|Salary:||£14.40 per hour|
|Date Posted:||14 July 2017|
Would you like to strengthen your administrative skills for a large and dynamic school in the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences?
Location: Mile End.
Pay: £14.40 per hour.
Start date: ASAP.
Duration: Full time for 12 months.
Preferable to QMUL graduates.
Main duties and responsibilities
· To support the Head of School, School Manager and other members of the senior leadership and management team in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and in the smooth running of the School.
· To act as Personal Assistant to the Head of School (with some diary management to the School Manager), providing professional and effective support, and using initiative to manage all administrative functions such as diary management, meeting logistics, travel bookings etc.
· To provide a high level of executive support to the Head of School and School Manager. This will include helping to organise the Head of School and School Manager’s work
· To liaise regularly with the School Manager on School matters to ensure that the Head of School and School Manager are updated and able to effectively carry out their roles.
· To exercise judgement to provide appropriate and constructive feedback on matters of which the Head of School and School Manager should be aware.
· To operate an organised and efficient office whilst projecting a friendly and professional image.
· To pursue action items on behalf of the Head of School and School Manager as appropriate in order to ensure that others provide information etc. in a timely manner.
· To respond to appropriate matters on behalf of the Head of School/ School Manager.
· To maintain confidentiality and a high degree of discretion.
· To service various school meetings including the School Executive Group, Web and Communications Committee, School Committee, Athena SWAN Committee etc. To take minutes at other meetings as appropriate and to arrange circulation and filing.
· Under the general guidance of the Head of School and School Manager, to plan and organise away days and other high profile School meetings and events.
· To provide some support for HR activities within the school when the Administrative Officer (HR Support) is on annual leave.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Significant experience in HE or a similar environment (demonstrating a development of relevant professional or specialist knowledge though taking on a series of progressively more demanding work roles)
· Recent experience of working in a Higher Education and/or similar environment
· Proven experience of servicing committees and preparing reports
· Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships
· Strong IT skills including MS Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel) and databases
· Ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative when dealing with complex and unique matters
· Flexible and co-operative team member
· Professional approach and the ability to promote the Schools as a professional, friendly and welcoming environment to all stakeholders
· Able to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of discretion
How to Apply:
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button and upload a copy of your most recent CV. To get your CV checked by one of our Careers Consultants, please call 0207 882 8533.
QTemps is responsible for this vacancy. For an informal chat, please email: email@example.com.
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|