*Please note that this internship is run through the University of London therefore any applications made should come through this link only*
Job title: Planning & Reporting Analyst Intern
Positions Available: 1
Hours: Full time 35 hours
Location: Canary Wharf – Head Office
Duration: 6 months
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary - £19500 - £22500 per annum pro rata (depending on experience)
Application deadline: Tuesday 12th December 2017 at 11am
Context and environment
The position is situated in an extremely dynamic and innovative international environment requiring reactive and flexible attitude, anticipation, ability to adapt to changing headquarters requests and to develop and maintain a good understanding of the business.
- Under the authority of the Financial Reporting Supervisor, contribute to the planning and reporting processes for the Trading business unit (part of the Gas Division of the Group).
- Although primarily focusing on financial statements and forecasts, the position requires to develop an understanding of the Gas Trading businesses in order to explain the evolution of financials, especially through building good relationships with a range of interlocutors.
The position requires to act independently and proactively in completing tasks, and to demonstrate an ability to work in a time pressured environment to achieve reporting deadlines. The job holder must be able to manage working relationships with peers within the Finance department, and counterparts in other Trading affiliates.
- Long Term Plan – participate in the preparation of the ten year forecasts for the UK Trading affiliate, and the consolidation of information for worldwide Trading activities. Communicate them to Group Headquarters and build presentations and analyses as requested to explain and support validation of the proposals (volumes, costs, headcount, profit and loss, capital employed, cash flows, etc.).
- Budget – prepare similar data, analyses and presentations for the Budget process (current and following year).
- Monthly management reporting – participate in the monthly and quarterly reporting processes of the UK affiliate and the Trading business unit (profit and loss, overheads, working capital, capital employed, cash flows, etc.), including by providing relevant commentary and analyses to feed the Gas Division reporting.
- Ad hoc – prepare presentations and ad hoc reports on UK and worldwide Trading activities as required by Senior Management and Gas Division Headquarters
- Bachelors or Masters Accounting and Finance degree with working knowledge of finance would be preferred.
- Good knowledge of international accounting principles
- Good accounting skills and good organisation of work are necessary
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent spreadsheet modelling and numeracy skills
- Proficiency in Excel and/or database management applications.
- The following qualities are sought: motivation, thoroughness, ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, writing skills.
- Ability to effectively utilise Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledge of other financial systems useful but not essential.
- Excellent language, communication skills (both oral and written). English essential and French advantageous (but not mandatory)