*Please note that this internship is run through the University of London therefore any applications made should come through this link only*
Positions Available: 1
Hours: Full time 35 hours
Location: Canary Wharf – Head Office
Duration: 52 weeks contract (12 months)
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary - £23,500 – £27,500
per annum pro rata
Start date: January 2018
Context and environment
- Highly evolutive environment, adaptability required
- International context, multicultural environment, project-based work (impact of aquisitions /sales of Group assets).
- A wide range of tasks to handle, with varying degrees of urgency and complexity, calculation of the risks and benefits linked to the setup of a cash pooling structure including tax, regulatory and legal review.
- International and cross-functional dimension (all countries, all business segments and all (~1,000) affiliates).
- Internal and external relations: Group Treasury, Legal, Tax, DF/OFL, IT Systems, affiliates, banks, THEMIS/Bancom implementation team (SWIFT applications), auditors, etc.
- Internal and external contacts from different cultures and reporting levels.
- Team objectives to generate savings through new cash management projects and the optimization of current structures.
The cash management team forms the link between the treasury requests from the Group’s (~1,000) affiliates and commercial banks world-wide with a view to optimising bank account operations, costs and pooling structures.
The post will give broad exposure to many different activities of TOTAL’s centralised group treasury operations.
Contribute to Cash Management projects:
- Define and implement cash management structures, optimize cash flow management and centralize the cash of the affiliates of the Group in order to efficiently mitigate risks (interest rate, counterparty, liquidity and legal risks)
- Analyze the existing overall organization and define target structures to be rolled out by region or/and currency.
- Monitor requests for proposal at all stages, including the implementation of the selected solution, by working closely with the affiliates, the banks and the HQ divisions (Group Treasury, OFL, Legal and Tax).
- Work with Senior Management on Group cash management projects/initiatives/optimisation strategies.
- Ensure a secure operating environment for the Group's affiliates.
- Maintain strong relationships with banks/major corporate to ensure effective bench marking and transfer best practices and rules for cash management to the Group's affiliates.
- Working toward a Masters Degree equivalent (Economics, Finance Asset Management) and/or experience in financial markets and project work.
- Fluent in English and knowledge of French would be an added advantage however not essential.
- Organizational skills and thoroughness, good interpersonal skills and diplomacy, team spirit, adaptability.