We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Database Assistant to work within our prestigious institutes based near Russell Square. This is a temporary role starting as soon as possible until the end of July with the possibility of extension.
The University of London has the largest known alumni database of any University in the UK.
This role will support and develop the University’s Blackbaud CRM Database ‘Senator’. The Database Assistant will update Senator transferring data held online and manual systems on to the as part of a programme of data entry, data cleaning and deduplication. This will include biographical, educational and address data in accordance with data protection legislation.
Data Entry: Enhance the quality of the data that we hold on Senator in accordance with data protection legislation and the University of London’s policies on information security by:
- Assisting with the manual data entry of all Development Office activity (both past and current), ensuring that this is imported into Senator accurately. This will involve adding data currently stored for example in Outlook, on Keep in Touch Cards, survey returns and through online updates
- Working as part of the Development Operations team to clean and de-duplicate data, including biographical, educational and address fields.
- Cleaning database records highlighted in integrity reports. Adding individual records to the database and in batch import where appropriate.
- Ensuring the highest levels of data quality and accuracy in accordance with data protection legislation.
- To assist with the processing of Development Office data, for example online event transactions and opening the post
- To actively follow and promote the University of London policies, including the
University's Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations
- Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of the post
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post holder by the Data ad Projects Officer and senior management of the Development Office.
Experience and Personal Qualities
- An interest in data management and data quality.
- Experience of manually entering large volumes of data accurately.
- A methodical and inquisitive approach to data and database management with a willingness to learn, ask questions and provide new ideas and solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, evidenced by the ability to understand and communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exhibit strong organisational skills, including the ability to take projects to completion with a high level of independence, the ability to work on multiple tasks and to prioritise competing deadlines.
- Availability to work during office hours both in and outside of the academic term.
- Commitment to delivering timely, high-quality service and support for the Development Office.
- An interest in current database technologies and developments in the Higher Education or fundraising technology market.
- Experience of working with a relational database and the data entry process to maintain data quality and integrity.
- Knowledge and experience of handling confidential information in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Experience of working in a fundraising office.
- Knowledge or experience of the University of London student, alumni or staff experience.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and or equivalent.
- Experience of Blackbaud products and systems such as Blackbaud CRM/Enterprise, Raiser’s Edge, BBIS, Net Community and Blackbaud Merchant Services.
Education and Professional Qualification
Desirable: Working knowledge of and Asian or European language other than English.
Working hours - 20 hours a week
Pay rate - £12.06 per hour plus holiday pay
This role is starting as soon as possible so please only apply if you are immediately available.