Job title; Graduate Consultant (Parking, GIS & Sustainable Transport Planning)
Job type: Permanent
Location: Kings Cross, Islington
Salary: £23,500 pa
Deadline: Monday 15th October 2018 at 10am
We are working on a permanent position for a leading consultancy that delivers transportation planning, project design, strategy development and sustainable transport solutions. There are four permanent positions available and we will be shortlisting immediately. The company name will remain anonymous until the interview stage.
To delivering a range of services that include:
- Planning and implementing delivery of electric vehicle charging infrastructure;
- Development of information technology solutions, including production and maintenance of GIS databases;
- Developing strategies and policies for public sector clients looking at how traffic controls can reduce reliance on the private car;
- Assisting to undertake strategic parking studies;
- Developing local traffic movement and parking plans in urban areas;
- Assisting to undertake economic evaluations, financial models and business cases for strategic transport plans;
- Assisting to prepare legal documents that define traffic and parking controls;
- Undertaking road marking and traffic sign audits and assisting to design traffic and parking systems.
- Preparing information databases.
- Undertaking site surveys
- Analysing complex data sets.
- To act as team member on a wide range of projects, delivering high-quality outputs to an agreed timescale and programme.
- To actively pursue on the job and formal training opportunities that complement business needs and your personal development plan.
- To monitor personal and project workload and maintain high levels of utilisation.
- Managing own time input to meet budgets.
This client is a leading consultancy delivering transportation planning, project design, strategy development and sustainable transport solutions. They provide a holistic service to their clients, including engineering design and landscape architecture services.
They work with public sector clients in Greater London and throughout the UK. This client also works with private clients to support them to develop plans for their development sites, ensuring that the roads will work and that people using their development have other transport options other than just cars.
What makes this client exceptional is their people, their passion and the quality of the places they help design. They have offices in various locations in the UK (all information will be given if you are successful for interview)
They employ over 200 professionals and have exciting plans to expand their services and coverage over the coming few years. They are keen to employ gifted and enthusiastic graduates with anything from a few years’ experience, to those at the beginning of their careers. All will benefit from the guidance and mentorship of our experienced team leaders and managers.
They are looking for graduates that want a career opportunity in a major growth area of transport planning, delivering a range of services that include:
- Planning and implementing delivery of the electric vehicle charging infrastructure that’s needed in the UK to cope with huge predicted increases in electric vehicle ownership over coming years;
- Helping local authorities to manage their multi-billion pound assets through development of information technology solutions, including production and maintenance of GIS databases;
- Developing policies for public sector clients across the UK, looking at how traffic controls can reduce reliance on the private car;
- Strategic parking studies, looking at ways of controlling traffic demand and reducing the impact of vehicles on urban streets;
- Developing local traffic movement and parking plans in urban areas to overcome problems with commuter traffic;
- Undertaking economic evaluations and preparing financial models and business cases for strategic transport plans;
- Analysing and manipulating large datasets to inform key transport planning decisions and studies;
- Preparing legal documents that define traffic and parking controls;
- Designing road marking and traffic signs to control traffic systems and ensure that they work safely and within the law.
- Utilising GIS skills to prepare information databases for a range of purposes, including recording of traffic management orders, assessment of road asset condition and engagement with the public over planned projects.
- Relevant 1st Degree
- Willingness to work towards membership of a professional institution
Knowledge – essential:
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- An interest in transport related issues.
Knowledge – desirable:
- Understanding of transport related issues
- Understanding of traffic and transportation design principles
- Understanding of traffic and highway legislation
- Experience using AutoCAD or GIS systems (strongly preferred)
- Provide technical input to projects and deliver high-quality outputs.
- Work closely with team members and other staff.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Manage health and safety of self in course of duties.
- Respond to customer requests (internal and external) and ensure that their needs are met.
Be flexible - carry out any duties as and when required to assist in the operations .