Job title: Back Office Intern: Treasury Desk
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (with a view of a permanent position)
Salary: £23500 pa (depending on experience, this is subject to increase)
Start date: ASAP
Deadline of applications: Please apply ASAP
Location: East London
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a Financial subject (Economics/Finance)
- Previous experience of working in finance, cash management and/or budget control
- Team player with an ability to work to tight deadlines with changing priorities
- High level of accuracy is essential
- Exposure to Treasury Management Systems desirable
- French language skills is essential due to client communication and management.
Under direct supervision of the team manager, contribute to the following key activities:
- Review the cash transactions undertaken by the affiliates, from receipt of instructions through to final payment
- Monitor intra-Group financing provided to the affiliates. Control the related interest calculations
- Determe the daily cash position forecasts for currencies
- Approve the forex exposure of each Central Treasury Entity and be able to analyse the variances
- Control, confirm and validate the market transactions undertaken by the Front Office
- Prepare and analyse bank reconciliations and resolve reconciling items
- Contact Affiliates Financing Operations Department when preparing and implementing Group's asset purchase or selling operations (closings)
- Monitor certain sensitive cash flows, especially to or from countries subject to international sanctions
- Work with the Internal Control Department verify the effectiveness of the compliance documentation (Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
- Participate in projects involving cash management, cash management system security and upgrades to Group Treasury IT system
A very high level of risk inherent in a financial markets environment (fraud, counter-party, cyber and other risks).
Stringent regulatory requirements (banking regulations, respect of international economic sanctions and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism legislation).
Required to work on public holidays when other international markets are open. Extended working hours may be required for major transactions.
This is a versatile team with flexibility to multi-task and execute autonomously a variety of high value, complex, transactions.
- Daily cash flow managed by Corporate Treasury: $12 billion to $15 billion.
- Management of cash, forex and financing transactions for roughly 600 affiliates worldwide.
- Cash management in around 25 currencies.
- Management of corporate financing (bonds and commercial papers) and of internal financing (short-term borrowings, credit lines, long and medium term loans, etc.) for affiliates.
- Significant interaction (a) internally: Front Office, Accounting, Consolidation, Corporate Finance, Legal Affairs, Affiliates Financing
- Operations, Tax, affiliates and (b) externally: banks, counter-parties, custodian banks, affiliates world-wide.
- Depending on operational needs, the employee may work on Treasury Operations Desk or FX & Financing Desk.