From temp jobs to internships, find the perfect position for you
||Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Analyst - Maternity Cover 16 months
||14 March 2019
TITLE: GSOC Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Network Services GSOC
REPORTING TO: GSOC Regional Manager
About the employer:
Our client is a technology and service leader that powers the financial markets globally. They meet the Communication, Compliance and Network Solution needs of global financial institutions. They help clients anticipate and solve problems, setting the standard with industry expertise, exceptional services and comprehensive technology.
As an industry leader, our client’s global financial community includes over 6,000 market participants in 700 cities across six continents. They provide agile and efficient ways for their customers to accelerate ability to adapt to the ever–changing requirements for advanced data networks, compliance and collaboration with all counter-parties across the financial markets.
Our client is committed to attracting, nurturing and promoting diverse talent across our workforce and fostering a sense of belonging within our employee family.
What you'll do:
- Provide first line diagnostics and Tier 1 troubleshooting technical support to the company’s clients via various communication channels, including but not limited to: telephone, email or web.
- Open Incident and Change Request tickets and manage throughout the ticket lifecycle.
- Ensure that tickets and clients are updated per defined intervals, as documented within company Incident lifecycle procedures.
- Log all troubleshooting steps and statistics in the company ticketing system
- Dispatch cases to Tier 2 in a timely manner for additional investigation when appropriate.
- Escalate incidents to first level escalation following the defined escalation process.
- Work with telecommunications and service providers globally to ensure timely fault resolution, escalating within our providers when necessary.
- Monitor network performance across a variety of platforms and proactively manage related event notifications.
- Liaise closely with Tier 2 and other company engineering teams to ensure issues are being addressed with efficiency and speed to meet SLA requirements.
- Produce reports – e.g. major outages, fault resolution, statistics, etc.
- Document new process and procedures as and when required.
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate these clearly and professionally to the management team.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Client service professional with proven Service Desk experience (minimum 2 years).
- Commitment to service excellence with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi- tasking, team environment.
- Cisco qualification (CCNA or better), or other relevant industry standard certification.
- Demonstrable experience supporting and troubleshooting a managed extranet service (or similar).
- Demonstrable experience of fault isolation and troubleshooting within an MPLS environment.
- Varied exposure to Internet technologies and platforms.
- Networking fundamentals knowledge LAN/WAN, Routing, Switching etc.
- Working knowledge of industry standard ticketing tools including; Remedy, Service Now etc...
- Working knowledge of industry standard proactive alarm monitoring tools including Netcool.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (English).
- Strong work ethic and an energetic, influential, and diplomatic work style.
- Ability to provide shift cover as part of the GSOC team roster and which will include weekends and public holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in ‘translating’ technical information in to business appropriate language.
- Strong technical acumen with ability to learn and be able to provide immediate solutions
- Knowledge of global financial markets and market data products.
- Experience in Financial Services network environments with knowledge of trading voice equipment desirable.
- Working knowledge of Business Objects or similar reporting tool.
- Bi/ Multi-lingual (Asian regional languages preferred)
|If you would like to apply for this job then
please click on the button below.