Innovation Warehouse started in 2010 as a coworking and incubation community for digital high-growth startup businesses in London. The idea was brought to life by a group of entrepreneurs and angel investors, in collaboration with the City of London Corporation.
In May 2011, we moved to our current location, Farringdon, in the first floor above the historical Smithfield Market. We sit between St Paul’s, Chancery Lane, Moorgate, Farringdon and Barbican underground stations, and the office is just a 10 minute walk to the famed ‘Silicon Roundabout’ area in Old Street.
Who you are
You really want to work for a startup and get excited about the idea of having a direct impact on a company. You thrive in a fast-paced environment that will never see each day be the same. You are an extroverted person, who gets their energy from engaging with other people and doesn’t get demoralised by rejection and constantly solving problems.
You value learning and personal growth and hate the idea of being a tiny fish in a massive pond without a voice. Working with other smart people doesn’t intimidate you, in fact, you love learning from others and bouncing ideas off of people who are as passionate as you are.
This role is split into two parts the investment side and the operations side
Investment Side - IW Cap Ltd
- Grow and expand deal flow of startups companies to be considered for investment.
- Attend events, pitch session and networking events to increase IW presence & to develop industry relationships.
- Involved in the research and due diligence for companies that are being considered for investment.
- Manage and communicate with Investor base.
- Expand investor base. Typical investors include angels, family offices, seed funds and VC’s.
- Manage and update all IW trackers on a weekly basis.
- Run IW weekly pitch session for selected investor and companies and coordinate post event.
- Support managers on deal flow selection, take calls/ meetings and write brief reports for the investment team.
Operations side - IW Co-Working
- Manage IW member invoicing
- Understanding of the IW bookkeeping
- Support other members on sales/Marketing
- An undergraduate degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and fluent written and spoken English
- An active interest in startups, investments and business operations.
- Strong numerical skills - be able to analyse data and discuss it with your colleagues
- Ambitious, energetic and smart person who enjoys building strong relationships with their clients and team alike
- You like to roll up your sleeves, be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and thrive on juggling a lot of responsibilities at the same time
- The ability to learn quickly and easily (and the hunger to want to do so!)
- You self-identify as a great communicator with an energetic, action-oriented nature
£21k - £25k p.a
Please note that CoSector, on behalf of Innovation Warehouse, is managing the recruitment for this role. Please do not contact Innovation Warehouse directly; all enquiries must come through the CoSector internships team. Any applications sent toInnovation Warehouse directly will not be accepted.